Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shokadelica



Okay, I really don't know much about the supposed artist Prince. I do know the little guy creeps me out and is a definite emitter of douche chills. But when I heard a few years ago that there was a five disc tribute collection by all Norwegian artists for the pretentious creepster's 50th birthday- I became oddly interested. It turns out there wasn't much there for my tastes, with one shining exception...The enigmatic ULVER with guest vocals by a Miss Siri Stranger (who in addition to her Norwegian fame, has apparently been a favorite muse for Wycleff Jean). They perform a stunning version of Thieves In The Temple. Honest, I don't even know what the original sounds like, but I'd bet a shiny nickel it is not as hauntingly beautiful as this cover. Maybe there are some other gems hidden within the 81 tracks... how the hell would I know.

As a side note: The little frilly purple one received a free copy of the comp. from the label and promptly responded with a lawsuit ordering all copies be destroyed. I guess he didn't like C+C Records printing his age on the cover. So touchy...
READ ALL ABOUT IT

Here are all five discs. Which one has Thieves in the Temple you ask? I'm not telling.

Shock and Eh... 1
Shock and Eh...2
Shock and Eh...3
Shock and Eh...4

Shock and Eh...5

No comments: